So last night, I wanted something really good to eat; but not something that I had ate lately. I wanted something hearty and I needed for all the ingredients to be in my fridge or cabinet because I didn’t want to go back out in the cold after getting in from a long day, so after I thought and thought about it; I still could not come up with anything, until my daughter said, “hey mom, remember you made that potato soup some years ago? I loved it.. Can you make it?” “Maybe, Lets see, I said.”
So since I had not made the soup in at least 4 years, I had to look over the ingredients again, and guess what, I had everything I needed, “woohoo” lol. So I decided to make it along with some grilled pastrami sandwiches because I knew my 18 year old would still want more (He eats like a horse)
Anyway the soup turned out great and I wanted to share the recipe along with my tweaks with you people…
- 6 to 8 cooked and diced potatoes
- 7 cups of milk (or half it with Chicken Broth for less thickness)
- 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions Chopped (Hand Full)
- Garlic Powder (season to Taste)
- Black Pepper (Season to Taste)
- Salt (Season to Taste)
How to Make this Yummy Soup:
- Boil cubed potatoes in a large pot until it’s tender enough to mash. After cooked, place in a bowl for later.
- Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in flour until smooth, then gradually stir in milk. Bring all to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the potatoes and green onions, and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes. And last, stir in the sour cream and Cheddar cheese until melted and well blended. Season to taste with salt & pepper, and Garlic Powder (optional)
Hope you love it…
Signing off Empress!